Today we had a few firsts:
– We hit 500 miles of hiking through California!! We feel accomplished 😊
– I finally saw some large wildlife. A coyote! But only the back of it as it came out of the brush and on the trail in front of me
– Rob completed the first 20+ mile day of either of us. He did a 2.5 mile loop to get water that put him over
– I saw horses on the trail! Always wanted to, but didn’t realize I would be so startled when I did. All of a sudden 3 came around a bend and I jumped at the sight of them. They are very graceful on trail.
– We hit a water source that we were counting on and it was DRY! The fact that at nearly 500 miles this was the first time we had a small water crisis in the desert is AMAZING! This is also how Daddie Gizmo added his bonus miles.
– We had to go 3.5 miles further at the end of the day than we really wanted to. We were both tired with sore feet, but a different water source that we thought we may camp by did not look very clean. We hadn’t felt pressured previously to move forward, but today it made sense so we could have better drinking water from a spring ahead.
We saw Larry again on the trail today and he made it up to the same campsite as ourselves before dark. We were beat by the end of the day and knew we had just one more day to hike before our planned break. We soaked up the last night of camping on top of a mountain for a while.
that last photo….
I know! The crazy thing is, we see these views all the time and it NEVER gets old!❤️
I love reading stuff like this 🙂